About First Chair
MAMA in conjunction with Heid Music and WISC-TV 3 are pleased to announce the First Chair, a program that honors outstanding music students in schools and in private instruction. Eligible students are nominated by their teachers or other community members, and each month a student is chosen to occupy the 1st Chair. All the chosen students will be invited to the annual Madison Area Music Awards where they will be honored in a special presentation and receive an honorary MAMA award. For more information.
1st Chair Official Rules
- No purchase necessary. Nominee must be between 5-18 years of age, a Wisconsin resident and participate in any musical art.
- To enter, complete an official registration form located on Channel3000.com; Entry must include video or photo of entry with explanation on why the entry/nominee is worthy of winning the “1st Chair” award. One entry per person will be eligible for judging.
- Entry period runs January 15, 2013 through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 9, 2013.
- Entries will be judged by the Madison Area Music Association and Heid Music; Judging criteria includes but not is limited to the following: Originality, Talent, Contribution to school, community or other musical organization.
- One (1) winner will be selected each month on the following dates: February 18; March 18; April 15; May 13; June 11, 2013.
- Winners will be posted on Channel3000.com and broadcast on WISC-TV3 and TVW. They will be also be invited to appear and be honored at the Madison Area Music Association Awards Show on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at the Overture Center for the Arts in Madison, WI.
- As a condition of entry, entrant agrees to allow Morgan Murphy Media, The Madison Area Music Association, Heid Music and participating sponsors the use of his/her name, and/or likeness, video/photo for publicity purposes.
- Winners will receive a plaque; Prize can’t be exchanged or redeemed for cash. Each entrant waives the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, and any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem a prize and any liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem a prize.
- Employees of Morgan Murphy Media, The Madison Area Music Association, Heid Music, participating sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies, and/or those living in the same household of each or agents of any of above are not eligible to enter or win.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to all terms and conditions of these rules; agrees to be bound by these rules and the decision of the contest judges; Each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Morgan Murphy Media, The Madison Area Music Association, Heid Music, and any and all sponsors and persons affiliated with the contest from any liabilities and all claims of damage. Morgan Murphy Media reserves the right to cancel, amend and/or revoke this contest due to printing errors or other mistakes.
- Morgan Murphy Media is not responsible for any problems/failures related to any contestant’s lost, late, stolen or misdirected entry. Decision of the judges is final. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.