MAMAs MISSION STATEMENT
MAMAs, Inc. is organized and operates exclusively for charitable or educational purposes, as defined in Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The mission of the MAMAs is to support the preservation and expansion of all forms of music education in the Madison area, and to encourage and promote the artistic advancement of our emerging musical youth.
MAMAs VISION STATEMENT
In furtherance of our charitable purpose, MAMA, Inc. has created and presents the annual Madison Area Music Awards ceremony, with the purpose of (1) raising public awareness of the need to preserve and support the existence of music education in our public schools and other community institutions, (2) encourage and promote the advancement of musicians and others in the Madison area by recognizing their musical achievements as well as the achievements of outstanding music students and music educators, and (3) provide promotional support for the Madison music economy as a whole. MAMA, Inc. seeks to establish three other annual events to further carry out its charitable mission and to keep the awareness of the need for music education in the public eye year-round.
MAMA, Inc. also seeks to carry out the following:
- Provide opportunities for professional, semi-professional and student musicians who are interested in pursuing careers in music to learn about the music industry
- Provide forums for young musicians and others in the Madison area to participate in live performances
- Become advocates for music education by working cooperatively through the Madison School Board and with others
- Establish a school instrument repair program
- Create, support and fund music education events presented in the schools in the form of assemblies
- Create an endowment fund to provide music education scholarships